Guidelines



Submission Guidelines: Send unpublished poems in the body of an email (NO ATTACHMENTS) to nvneditor[at]gmail.com. No simultaneous submissions. Use "Verse News Submission" as the subject line. Send a brief bio. No payment. Authors retain all rights after 1st-time appearance here. Scroll down the right sidebar for the fine print.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

MAY DAY 2008

by Bill Costley
For Dave Keefer













On May Day,
I blogged about cultivating jade-plants
& got a breathless e-mail
from Anna Hawthorne in Canada
calling the day Beltane.

Unable to march, I wrote.

3 days later,
I BARTed to Berkeley
to a mtg of the writers’union
I’d joined in Boston
when Dutch Reagan
fired the air-traffic controllers.

My union struggles; I persist.


Bill Costley serves on the Steering Committee of the San Francisco chapter of the National Writers Union.
________________________________________