Guidelines



Submission Guidelines: Send unpublished poems in the body of an email (NO ATTACHMENTS) to nvneditor[at]gmail.com. No simultaneous submissions. Use "Verse News Submission" as the subject line. Send a brief bio. No payment. Authors retain all rights after 1st-time appearance here. Scroll down the right sidebar for the fine print.

Monday, August 11, 2008

THE GREAT DEBATE

by Jon Wesick


Mac: Hi, I’m a Mac.

PC: And I’m a PC.

Both: We’re running for president.

PC: If you elect me, I’ll exploit my interoperability with the business community.

Mac: At the expense of ordinary, hard-working Americans. After your predecessor rebated RAM to gamers, most families were left with only 512 MB. If anything goes wrong, they could never afford tech support.

PC: At least I won’t raise taxes to spend on expensive peripherals. And I won’t appoint Linux-based judges either!

Mac: Let’s hope you don’t nominate another FEMA director with a 4.7 MHz processor. What are you taping to your head, PC?

PC: A web cam. It lets me video conference with my wealthy donors.

Mac: But the NSA already has covert video surveillance integrated with illegal wiretapping.

PC: There you go again, getting soft on national security. With my spreadsheets and pie charts I’m the perfect platform to control the nation’s nuclear arsenal. What do you have? Home movies?

Mac: That’s right. Check out this video of you visiting a DC prostitute. I made it with iMovie.


Jon Wesick has a Ph.D. in physics, has practiced Buddhism for over twenty years, and has published over a hundred poems in small press journals such as American Tanka, Anthology Magazine, The Blind Man’s Rainbow, Edgz, The Kaleidoscope Review, Limestone Circle, The Magee Park Anthology, The Publication, Pudding, Sacred Journey, San Diego Writer’s Monthly, Slipstream, Tidepools, Vortex of the Macabre, Zillah, and others. His chapbooks have won honorable mentions twice in the San Diego Book Awards.
________________________________________