Guidelines



Submission Guidelines: Send unpublished poems in the body of an email (NO ATTACHMENTS) to nvneditor[at]gmail.com. No simultaneous submissions. Use "Verse News Submission" as the subject line. Send a brief bio. No payment. Authors retain all rights after 1st-time appearance here. Scroll down the right sidebar for the fine print.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

IT'S A MUDDLE

by Kim Doyle

http://www.shutdownthecorporations.org/

I want a "sofa sized" painting;
my sofa is seven foot long and three foot wide.

I want to glide with in-line skates
and modify my predatory home loan with Quicken.

I want to get a better sleep with Advil PM
and appreciate the efficacy of next day blinds.

I want to keep unloaded guns in my gym locker
and make eleven million dollars playing ball.

And that's not all.  I would like to be a celebrity
something: houseguest, hair stylist, White House crasher.

There must be something wrong with my life,
with just a wife and two kids and scissored credit cards,
and lard accumulating too fast around my middle.


Kim Doyle lives in a mud puddle and writes Op/Ed Poetry for The Brunswick Citizen in Brunswick, Maryland.
_____________________________________________________